Call for community project applications: WWUA & TMF
The Wolseley Water Users Association, in partnership with the Table Mountain Fund is pleased to announce a call for project applications for small community based environmental projects. We herewith invite Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO’s); Community Based Organisations; Co-operatives; Educational Institutions, Community Leaders and Prospective Environmental Entrepreneurs to submit micro-project proposals that must meet both of the following criteria:
- The project must have a biodiversity conservation or environmental management focus with strong links to local economic development
- The project must be located in the designated project area (Ceres, Wolseley, Prince Alfred Hamlet, Rawsonville) (further details included in application form).
Examples for such projects could include: (applications are not limited to the examples provided)
- Creating by-products for various markets from alien biomass such as firewood, biochar, wood chips, compost, garden furniture, poles, biofuel etc.,
- Indigenous nurseries
- Water conservation projects
- Community eco-tourism ventures through various routes or products
- Environmental Education projects
- Community waste management projects
The maximum amount that a micro-project can request is R50 000 and the minimum is R10 000.