New Technology in Agriculture is all about the new tech that is available and used by farmers to increase their production.
One new topic regarding the use of technology in agriculture is the use of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS), or drones, for precision agriculture and spacial mapping. There is are a few companies that are involved in the agriculture sector that either provide a service to the farmer or sell a product.
The benefits of using drones:
- Visual crop inspections from above
- NDVI stress maps, highlighting areas that need attention
- Contour maps
- Data for insurance
- Crop estimates (coming soon)
- Software package to view and analyse data
You can contact us for more information or visit the useful links below:
- DroneCloud citrus case studies:
Legislation and regulations for using drones: