Call for applications: Research and Technology Fund
The National Research Foundation (NRF) in partnership with Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) invites applications from researchers at South African Universities, Science Councils, other NRF Recognised Research Institutions and DAFF Provincial Research Centres. The RTF aims to contribute to the following strategic goals:
- Improve the funding mechanism for research and innovation;
- Develop research partnerships;
- Develop new technologies to support small-holder cooperatives in agriculture, forestry and fisheries, technically and in terms of market requirements; and
- Conduct commodity-specific research to support improved products in the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries sectors.
New applicants to the Research and Technology Fund are invited to:
- submit applications in accordance with the strategy and eligibility criteria, as set out in the call framework document, for funding commencing in 2019.
- submit ONLY ONE application per principal investigator. Additional applications will not be considered.
Due to limited funding, only one proposal per applicant will be approved for funding and a maximum of three projects per institution will be funded.
CALL OPENS: 1 October 2018
CALL CLOSES: 30 November 2018
Applications should be submitted electronically on the NRF Online Submission System at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za
Applicants must ensure that their Curriculum Vitae are updated on the NRF Online Submission System at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za
PLEASE NOTE: Designated Authorities have until 7 December 2018 to validate applications. Institutions must set their own internal closing dates for DAs to validate applications by this date.
Please direct all enquiries to:
Funding Rules related queries
Application process related queries
Dr Zolani Dyosi
Director: Knowledge Advancement and Support
Tel: 012 481 4131
Ms Nancy Muzhelele
Liaison Officer: Grants Management and Systems Administration
Tel: 012 481 4300