The role of agrifood tech for a food-secure world
The African Agri Council hosted a webinar on the 26th of May 2020 titled: "The crucial role of AgTech: The battle for a food-secure world". The webinar sessions highlighted the role of agtech in addressing some of the key challenges in the agri-food sector across the continent due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Some key topics of discussion included:
- Approaches on the adoption of digital technologies across the agricultural value chain
- Agtech opportunities in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic
- The impacts of Covid-19 on food security in Africa
- Agrifood tech investment trends and criteria from funders
- New ways of serving farmers
- Digitally enabling smallholder farming
More information about the webinar and key speakers from the webinar can be found here. Additional insights and takeaways from the webinar can be found here and insights on agritech solutions that can help farmers offset Covid-19 risks can be obtained here.